SECTIONS
Sunday July 22, 2018
PANGASINAN

Acute gastro, typhoid in Pangasinan drop

LINGAYEN, Pangasinan -- The provincial health office here has recorded a decrease in the incidence of acute gastroenteritis and typhoid by 34 percent and 23 percent, respectively, in the first half of the year compared to the same period in 2017.

Provincial Health Officer Dr. Anna Teresa de Guzman, in an interview on Monday, June 18, said that there were 3,513 acute gastroenteritis victims in the province from January 1 to June 11 this year, lower than the 5,283 cases in the same period last year, with mortality rate steady at 18.

De Guzman said the top 10 city and municipalities that were monitored for the disease were San Carlos City, which had the highest number of cases at 258, followed by Calasiao (215), Bayambang (185), Umingan (176), Malasiqui (165), Lingayen (159), Mangaldan (153), Sta. Barbara (140), Binmaley (123), and San Fabian (116).

The health office recorded 100 typhoid cases from January 1 to June 11 this year, lower than the 130 cases reported in the same period last year.

“No mortality due to typhoid has been recorded this year and last year,” De Guzman said.

The top five city and towns under close monitoring for this disease were Bayambang (17), San Carlos City (13), Mangaldan (9), Malasiqui (8), and Sta. Barbara (4). (PNA)


VIEW COMMENTS