MANILA -- Two days after being dethroned by a non-titled Colombian fighter, the former International Boxing Federation (IBF) lightflyweight champion is still mum on his future plans amidst the calls for the soft-spoken Filipino-American boxer to finally hang up his gloves.

The Viloria camp, including manager Gary Gittelson and trainer Robert Garcia, remained mum on the future of the former 2000 Sydney Olympian as he tries to recover from that stunning loss to 20-year-old Carlos “El Olimpico” Tamara.

“We haven’t talk about that yet,” said Gittelson in a radio interview.

A separate report meanwhile quoted Games and Amusements Board (GAB) chairman Eric Buhain as saying that the 29-year-old boxer should not retire from boxing just yet.

“No, not now. He still has a lot more to give," Buhain said.

Meanwhile, doctors attending Viloria at the Makati Medical Center said he is already out of danger but advised him to remain on the hospital for at least two more days.

Neurologist Dr. Regina Makalintal-Canlas said tests conducted on the former two-time boxing champion yielded negative results, including the CT scans. She added that Viloria is conscious and is already talking.

“I have to say, I am really impressed with the Makati Medical Center,” said Gittelson of the premier medical facility.

Gittelson said Viloria would stay in Manila for another week and “go back to the hospital for a final checkup to make sure that he’s cleared to fly” before leaving for their home in the US.

He added that Viloria’s girlfriend and family had suggested that he keep his return flight back to the US instead of staying behind in Manila “because they feel he is out of the woods, so I may do that but if not I may spend one more day here.”

Viloria suffered one of his worst losses on his 29 fights as a pro when he surrendered to Tamara last Saturday on the 12-round IBF crown bout.

He then felt some chest pains and collapsed inside the dugout after their match. He was rushed to the San Juan De Dios Hospital, in Pasay City, for a routine check-up but was transferred to Makati Medical Center 30 minutes later. (Virgil Lopez/Sunnex)