THE Police Regional Office (PRO) 7 has started investigating the active police officers who visited the wake of SPO1 Adonis Dumpit, who was killed in a drug bust last month.
Chief Supt. Debold Sinas, PRO 7 director, said that some officers were photographed while others were reported to him.
Initial investigation showed that the officers have no derogatory records. Sinas said the officers should not be alarmed, adding that the investigation is meant to check their associations with Dumpit, the sharpshooting officer who was convicted for killing 17-year-old robbery suspect Ronron Go in 2004.
The police official had denied he issued orders barring police officers from visiting the wake of Dumpit, who was released from a penal colony in Leyte in 2016 after the Court of Appeals granted his request to post bail.
Last June 27, Dumpit died in a shootout with operatives of National Bureau of Investigation 7-Bohol and PRO 7-Regional Intelligence Division in Tagbilaran City. He was buried in the Carreta cemetery in Cebu City last July 4. (KAL)