SPO1 Adonis Dumpit’s family now fears for his life after receiving a text message that he is dead. Even Dumpit himself has received the same message.

Josephine Gabaya, his ex-wife, said she does not know where Dumpit is hiding and is not updated on the murder charge he is facing, so she cannot appease the policeman’s family.

Click here for stories and updates on the Sinulog 2010 Festival.

Since being separated from him in 2007, Gabaya said she has not been mindful of the fugitive policeman’s whereabouts, and would not care to find out what happens to him now that a warrant for his arrest is out.

But in an interview yesterday, she said that Dumpit’s sister in La Union and relatives in Banganga, Davao Oriental have been worrying about him, after receiving a message last Tuesday that he is already dead.

Gabaya said the policeman’s family texts her everyday to ask for updates, but she does not know anything.

Gabaya works as an employee of the Cebu City Treasurer’s Office, a job that Mayor Tomas Osmeña gave her in 2005 when Dumpit started getting involved in shooting incidents while on duty.

She said she has not been on speaking terms with Dumpit since they separated. Gabaya said she was even surprised to learn last November that their marriage had been annulled in June last year yet.

She said she received reports that Dumpit has since remarried, which the policeman denied yesterday.

“Wala sila’y angay kabalak-an kay dia ra ko sa Davao. Nakadawat sad bitaw ko ana nga message na patay na kuno ko. Mu-surrender ra lagi ko (They don’t need to worry. I’m just here in Davao. I’ve also received the message about my death. I will surrender,” Dumpit said. He would not specify when he will turn himself in.

Gabaya said she is prepared for anything that may happen to Dumpit that could affect the welfare of their 15-year-old son.

As a compromise agree-ment following the annulment of their marriage, their son received P10,000 a month from Dumpit from June to December last year.

“Andam na ko ug unsay mahitabo, wala ra ko na-guol sa iyang sitwasyon. Ug mawad-an siya ug trabaho basin dili na siya makahatag ug support sa among anak pero kaluoy sa Diyos, naa man koy tra-baho, mabuhi ra nako among anak sa akong kaugalingong paningka-mot (I’m ready, whatever will happen. His situation does not sadden me. If he loses his job, he may be unable to support our child, but thank God I have a job and can afford to raise our child on my own),” Gabasa added. LCR

Published in the Sun.Star Cebu newspaper on January 27, 2010.

SPO1 Adonis Dumpit’s family now fears for his life after receiving a text message that he is dead. Even Dumpit himself has received the same message.

Josephine Gabaya, his ex-wife, said she does not know where Dumpit is hiding and is not updated on the murder charge he is facing, so she cannot appease the policeman’s family.

Click here for stories and updates on the Sinulog 2010 Festival.

Since being separated from him in 2007, Gabaya said she has not been mindful of the fugitive policeman’s whereabouts, and would not care to find out what happens to him now that a warrant for his arrest is out.

But in an interview yesterday, she said that Dumpit’s sister in La Union and relatives in Banganga, Davao Oriental have been worrying about him, after receiving a message last Tuesday that he is already dead.

Gabaya said the policeman’s family texts her everyday to ask for updates, but she does not know anything.

Gabaya works as an employee of the Cebu City Treasurer’s Office, a job that Mayor Tomas Osmeña gave her in 2005 when Dumpit started getting involved in shooting incidents while on duty.

She said she has not been on speaking terms with Dumpit since they separated. Gabaya said she was even surprised to learn last November that their marriage had been annulled in June last year yet.

She said she received reports that Dumpit has since remarried, which the policeman denied yesterday.

“Wala sila’y angay kabalak-an kay dia ra ko sa Davao. Nakadawat sad bitaw ko ana nga message na patay na kuno ko. Mu-surrender ra lagi ko (They don’t need to worry. I’m just here in Davao. I’ve also received the message about my death. I will surrender,” Dumpit said. He would not specify when he will turn himself in.

Gabaya said she is prepared for anything that may happen to Dumpit that could affect the welfare of their 15-year-old son.

As a compromise agree-ment following the annulment of their marriage, their son received P10,000 a month from Dumpit from June to December last year.

“Andam na ko ug unsay mahitabo, wala ra ko na-guol sa iyang sitwasyon. Ug mawad-an siya ug trabaho basin dili na siya makahatag ug support sa among anak pero kaluoy sa Diyos, naa man koy tra-baho, mabuhi ra nako among anak sa akong kaugalingong paningka-mot (I’m ready, whatever will happen. His situation does not sadden me. If he loses his job, he may be unable to support our child, but thank God I have a job and can afford to raise our child on my own),” Gabasa added.