SECTIONS
Wednesday August 15, 2018
CEBU

Deadline extended

THE Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) extended the deadline for the submission of applications for Cebu City residents who want to secure appointments through the Mobile Passport Services.

The Mobile Passport Service program or “Passport on Wheels” will entertain new applicants for passports, renewal of expired passports and replacement of lost passports.

Councilor Raymond Garcia said that the DFA also gave another 1,000 appointment slots for all types of passport processing.

This, on top of the 1,000 allocated for Cebu City residents last week.

Garcia said the deadline is extended to 4 p.m. on July 24.

Those who want to apply for the slots will have to submit their application and requirements to the office of Garcia, or to the office of other councilors like Joel Garganera, Eduardo Rama Jr., Jose Daluz III, and Renato Osmeña, among others.

New and renewal applicants have to submit a filled-up application form, original copy of Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) authenticated birth certificate, an original copy of PSA authenticated marriage contract or report of marriage (for married females) and an original and photocopy of valid identification cards (ID).

For applicants who lost their passport, they must submit similar requirements plus an affidavit of loss.

“I got several calls from those who can’t make it to the earlier deadline so what I did is to call the office of Presidential Assistant for the Visayas Michael Dino and I asked him if he can help us, thus the extension,” Garcia said.

The DFA will entertain those who secured appointment slots on Aug. 1 and 2 in Oakridge Pavilion in Mandaue City. (RVC)


VIEW COMMENTS