THE three station commanders in Bacolod City who allegedly had poor performances on the campaign against criminalities and illegal activities have recently improved.
This was announced by Senior Superintendent Francisco Ebreo, acting director of Bacolod City Police Office (BCPO), during a press briefing Thursday, August 9, citing the assessment made by Chief Superintendent Carlito Feliciano, deputy regional director for administration of Police Regional Office (PRO)-Western Visayas last week.
Although they submitted a report regarding the performances of the three station commanders, whose names were withheld, Ebreo said their poor performances are not similar to those police chiefs in other city and provincial offices in the region. Thus, their supposed relief was not considered.
But there will be another possible assessment next week during the police service anniversary of PRO-Western Visayas on August 14 in Iloilo City to determine if they will remain in the city police force, Ebreo added.
Ebreo earlier warned these three commanders that they will be relieved from their posts if they continue to have poor performances. They were given until August 5 to comply with his directive or else they will be removed from their posts.
Ebreo had previously issued an order that a police station should conduct at least one operation per week against illegal gambling, illegal drugs, loose firearms, and wanted persons.
If they fail to improve, they will be included in the reshuffling of PRO-Western Visayas and will be transferred to different police stations in the Panay area.
"Nag level-up naman silang tatlo, may improvement din naman not only sa mga campaigns but also sa crime solution efficiency" (They leveled up, and there's improvement not only on the campaigns but also on crime solution efficiency), Ebreo said.
They will remain here for now until the next assessment, he added. (GYM)