DAVAO

Kadayawan peaceful

THE staging of Kadayawan Festival 2018 had been generally peaceful with no untoward incidents all throughout the city.

Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio, in her speech on Sunday, August 19, thanked the Philippine National Police (PNP) and the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) who worked hand-in-hand to ensure the safety and security of the city that contributed to the successful staging of this year’s celebration.

“[I thank the] AFP and PNP units for making all the events of Kadayawan sa Dabaw possible,” Duterte-Carpio said.

There were more than 5,000 security personnel who were deployed all throughout the Kadayawan celebration since the start of the event on August 10 until the event’s last day on August 19.

Davao City Police Office (DCPO) director Police Senior Superintendent Alexander Tagum said in an interview that there were no reports of Kadayawan-related atrocities in the city due to the stricter security measures that they implemented.

“We’re done with the Pamulak sa Kadayawan and we can say that based on the reports of the security forces and police stations, there is no untoward incident that happened. Generally peaceful...” Tagum said.

The maximum deployment of the police and military and other law enforcement agency was proven to be an effective measure to deter any untoward incident to happen.

“Basically mao ang nahimong deterrent sa mga criminal ug terrorista atong daghan-daghan na naka-deploy,” Tagum said.


VIEW COMMENTS
DISCLAIMER:

SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.


Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

sunstar.com.ph