THE Philippine Army’s 6th Infantry Division said they had already identified the two suspects behind the fatal bombing incident that killed three individuals in Isulan, Sultan Kudarat, last August 28.
Brigadier General Cirilito Sobejana, 6th ID commander, told the media on Saturday that the perpetrators of the bombing were members of the Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters (BIFF) operating in Maguindanao and their names have been identified. A manhunt operation is now being conducted to apprehend them.
“On the part of the perpetrators naman, na-identify na rin natin kung sino yong mga miyembro ng Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters at kasalukuyan tayong gumagawa ng operation for the apprehension of these, dalawa yong suspect somewhere in Maguindanao,” he said.
He refused to further divulge details on the operation so that it will not be compromised. He said they are exhausting their efforts to put the suspects behind bars and bring justice to the families of the victims.
Following the Isulan blast, Sobejana said they have boosted their security measures to build stronger defense against the plots of terrorists targeting their area of responsibility.
“[We] intensified further ‘yong checkpoint operations, intensified yong ating efforts at tuloy-tuloy ang ating tinatawag na focused military operations para sa ganon wala silang pagkakataon na makagawa pa ng bomba,” he added.
It can be recalled that in June they were able to destroy the IED factory of the BIFF in Liguasan Marsh, however, Sobejana said there might be some members who were able to escape and able to make a bomb at another place.
Meanwhile, a P1 million reward will be given by Sultan Kudarat Governor Sultan Pax Mangudadatu to those who could inform to the authorities the suspects’ location.