WHEN it comes to business hotels, guests today want more than just comfortable yet lackluster accommodations and speedy internet connection. They seek spaces with character, ones with cool frills here and there, but still have everything they need to get their job done. Ensconced at the heart of the Queen City’s dynamic financial district is the 301-room Seda Ayala Center Cebu, the flagship property of AyalaLand Inc.’s homegrown hotel brand.
As distinctive as its location is its design which is decidedly modern minimalist with soothing earth colors. With its topnotch amenities and intuitive service, Seda makes for the perfect retreat for people who lead busy lives but refuse to choose between business and leisure. Below is everything there is to know about and look forward to on one’s stay at Seda.
- Seda is the Tagalog word for silk, aptly so as it strives to create a seamless and memorable experience for all its guests—from check-in to meetings and events.
- It is the first wholly owned Filipino chain of hotels. It takes pride in the unique brand of Filipino hospitality and service excellence that is innate among its associates.
- It is the only hotel within the Cebu Business Park connected to the countless dining and shopping choices at Ayala Center Cebu, the city’s premier lifestyle destination. It is also within walking distance from business travelers whose offices are headquartered in Cebu Business Park or the nearby Cenu IT Park.
- From the moment you walk in, the reception flows seamlessly into the lobby and the homey lobby lounge, into the e-lounge where three iMacs are available for guests’ use, and into Misto, its all-day dining restaurant, and out into the al fresco and pool lounge.
- Work should hum smoothly even when you’re away, and you can stay connected with friends and family while on holiday with Seda’s 100mbps internet speed.
- In the lobby lounge are furniture pieces by Cebuano internationally renowned furniture designer Vito Selma. The front desk also features art work by no less than industrialist-photographer Jaime Zobel de Ayala.
- Misto, Italian for “mixed,” is Seda’s signature restaurant that fuses international cuisine and local favorites on its menu.
- The rooms are modern and comfortable, with all the accoutrements fit for business and leisure travelers alike.
- Seddy is the official bear of all Seda hotels. He adds that special warmth and friendliness as guests walk into the lobby. He is also featured in the official hotel van provided by Europcar. (S)