WHEN it comes to getting the perfect look for a special occasion, the name Sarah Suyom is among the top choices.
Sarah’s expertise can never be denied. After all, it is something that has helped her gain the trust of many customers.
With her growing number of clients and the increasing demand for workshops, she decided to open her own beauty hub last September 23. Her magic in make-up, lashes and brow services can now be experienced at Beauty Express by Sarah Suyom at Shop 10, Pelayo Building, Camus Extension, Davao City.
“Honestly, I’ve planned this for a few years now and I was already entertaining clients in a small DIY studio in my apartment,” she narrated. “Sometimes I would end up with five or more people in that tiny space and that added an extra push to finally getting a bigger space. I knew I could serve my clients better.”
She then looked for a bigger space for clients to be more comfortable whenever they need her services. The accident she got into recently also pushed her further to finally open her own shop.
“Honestly, I feel lucky to have gotten out of that unscathed. A few bruises here and there, a cast for a week, then I was back and golden. It gave me a reminder how short life really is and that I shouldn't be postponing my plans and dreams. Plus I had to rest from taking in clients which freed up some time for brainstorming, planning and materializing this studio,” she added.
Considering the stiff competition in the industry, Sarah was quick to elaborate why her studio is uniqe and must be the top choice.
“We are the first dedicated homegrown beauty studio specializing in make-up, lashes, and brows,” she said. “We also offer daytime rentals for other homebased makeup artists to take their business to a more formal set-up.”
She continued to point out that when it comes to customer service, Beauty Express will surely stand out.
“The way we care about our clients is outstanding. Most of my clients have been with me for years, and they all say the same thing: that after every service, whether it’s a lash lift, eyebrow microblading, or a basic makeup touch up, they always look good and feel good about themselves,” she said.
She noted that when she deals with clients, she makes sure that she gets to “bond with them so much that I serve them all the way to their wedding look! The quality of materials we use are also topnotch, we never scrimp on quality. We believe Filipinas deserve this, and as I said, it’s been a long time coming.”
Sarah, who has been a professional makeup artist for six years and a microblading expert for two years, shared that she serves the busy Filipinas who want to look naturally beautiful any time of the day, or make an impression at their next interview, date, or social event. Those who are invested in their looks and know how this is a great additional source of their confidence are likewise her market.
When asked to cite things that make a woman beautiful, she emphasized on the person’s uniquenes, kindness, spirit and confidence. And, of course, a beautiful pair of brows and lashes!
Meanwhile, Sarah disclosed that she could actually write a book of beauty tips which every woman can bank on. She likewise said that as a woman she must “Never be afraid of being yourself, loving yourself and expressing yourself. Remember there's no one else like you, and being originally you will always be better than a second rate copy of somebody else.”
“And that doesn't mean assuming an identity and being stuck with that forever. There's so many facets to being you. Just like how we change wardobes every few years (or months), we gradually change into a better version of ourselves,” she said.
“We may not always be the best, but that's a good thing because that means we can always, always find a way to be more beautiful, in and out,” she continued.
Sarah is generous enough to share these beauty tips that I can personally try myself. Here they are:
1. Kilay is life - Trust me it is. Have your brows done properly and notice how different the whole world treats you, or just how much better you'd feel.
2. Healthy beautiful skin is the best foundation - so invest in skin care first before investing in makeup. Know your skin type and invest in non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic products.
3. Less is more in makeup. Makeup is supposed to enhance what you already have, not to make you into a whole new person... although that’s fun to do once in a while! But for daily use, less is always more.
4. Beautifully curled lashes instantly brightens the eyes. Nobody will be able to tell that you didn’t sleep enough or you don’t look put together enough. Notice this little hack from your selfies and you’ll see how curled lashes change the way you look!
5. Always carry a lip and cheek tint, because everyone looks better with a bit of color on their face. Try out a few products on your skin to see if they really fit your skin tone before you buy them.
6. Go back to basics - drink 2.5 liters of water daily for healthy skin, get enough sleep and eat your greens and up your vitamins C and E.
7. Moisturizer and sunblock are lifesavers. For the products you use on your face and body, SPF 20 should be the minimum. Double up if you’re hitting the beach. Make this a daily habit.
If you have special events and fashion tips to share, or just want to discuss about any fashion-related concerns with me, you are always free to reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.