AS THE Bacolod City celebrates the 39th MassKara Festival this year, we listed the things you can do during the festivity because there's more to food, street parties, music, and people.
Here are the 39 things you can do to enjoy the colorful festival this year in the City of Smiles:
1. Wearing of colorful and uniquely-made masks
2. Get a taste of the enticing Bacolod's famous chicken inasal at the kiosks around the public plaza or the Manokan Country
3. Try the enthralling rides (e.g. Ferris wheel, carousel, octopus ride, and horror train, among others) at the carnival site near the Pope John Paul II Tower at the Reclamation Area
4. Experience the MassKara Red Party at the Lacson Tourism Strip
5. Get fascinated with Electric MassKara
6. Witness the spectacular National Fireworks Display Competition
7. Watch the lively choreography and creative costumes during the school and barangay category of MassKara Street Dance and Arena Competition
8. Enjoy the street parties with friends
9. Listen to live concerts and bands
10. Get a glimpse of the Nights of Mardi Gras
11. Feed Koi fishes at the fountain area of the Bacolod Government Center
12. Support your favorite candidates in MassKara Festival Queen Pageant
13. Choose your bets for Ginoong Bacolod 2018
14. Show your love for animals on MassKara All Breed Fun Match Dog Show
15. Check on the golf tournament
16. Feel the rhythm on drumbeating competition
17. Groove to the beat of Electric Zumba
18. Get ready for a one-of-a-kind KPop concert
19. Merry-making and drinking along the streets
20. Grab a camera, smartphone, or any gadget for more selfies and groufies at the Bacolod landmarks
21. Take a tour at the Bacolod Government Center for more amusement rides and food trip
22. Visit the Bacolod showroom for awesome souvenirs
23. Go for a MassKara-sale shopping in malls
24. Meet and greet your favorite celebrities on MassKara mall shows
25. Try the sweet and delightful delicacies at pasalubong centers
26. Prepare your feet for long walks and your patience for a long drive due to road closures
27. Visit the famous San Sebastian Cathedral in front of the public plaza
28. Have a MassKara shirt printed with a chosen design
29. Buy affordable items at the MassKara trade fair at the public plaza
30. Try the street food of Bacolod
31. Witness the breathtaking Acrobat Entertainment Show
32. Stroll at the Provincial Capitol Lagoon
33. Invite your friends and relatives to join the MassKara Job Fair
34. Tag along your friends to watch dance showdown competition
35. Spend late nights at coffee shops and fast food chains
36. Get lots of freebies from events and corporate sponsors
37. Get a chance to see some prominent personalities during the opening and closing of the festivity
38. Get to taste lots of ice cream in the ice cream fiesta
39. Bring your kids to MassKara Treat Children's Party
Never missed a day without doing these things to make your MassKara experience a “memorable one.”
The festivity is until October 28. The merriment takes place at the three festival sites - public plaza, Lacson Tourism Strip, and Government Center.
Electric MassKara at Lacson Tourism Strip is on October 26 while the Street Dance and Arena Competition is on October 27 and 28 at the public plaza.
Experience the grandest festival in the city as we also celebrate the 80th year of Bacolod.
It's a must-see festival in the Philippines.
Come and enjoy the world-class MassKara Festival!
For the schedule of events, visit the SunStar Bacolod News page on Facebook.