THE Cagayan de Oro ICT (Information and Communications Technology) Business Council is calling out all Kagay-anon artists to participate in the 2018 Creative Digital Output Challenge on November 24 to 25.
The event is open to all Filipino citizens from Mindanao, students and professionals, with a registration fee of P100 and P250, respectively.
The Creative Digital Output Challenge is one of the CDO ICT Business Council's activities to advocate the use of ICT as a tool for business and education and promote Cagayan de Oro City as an ICT destination for business to add more jobs for Kagay-anons and increase employment.
Participants can register to four categories of the event: A. Storyboard pitching based on a theme; B. 2D unique character designing based on a theme; C. 3D unique character modelling based on a theme; and D. 10-second video with visual effects based on a theme.
According to the CDO ICT Business Council, the theme for Categories A, B, and C will be announced on November 24. The Category D, which is a team competition of 3 to 5 members, will have “City of Golden Friendship” as its theme.
Categories A, B and C will only have a maximum of 10 participants each, while Category D may have as many submissions from teams as possible as stated in the mechanics of the event.
The mechanics further mentioned that old or pre-made output or product is not allowed. Copyrighted art (characters, illustrations, backgrounds, etc.) is also prohibited. The participants should produce original art content from scratch.
Other mechanics include:
- Participants can only submit one entry only per category.
- CDO ICT Business Council, partners and sponsors will have the copyright to all the submitted output. All entries will be publicly displayed on their site.
- The CDO ICT will reserve the right to disqualify entries or participants that do not follow the rules.
- All entries will be viewed during the announcement of winners.
- Production and output of Categories A, B, and C will be done onsite, with the exception of Category D.
- Participating individuals can use any open or commercial software/tool to accomplish the challenge.
Cash prizes will be given to the two winners of each category. Category A: P8,000 for first prize and P4,000 for second prize. Category B: P10,000 first prize, P7,500 second prize. Category C: P10,000 first prize, P7,500 second prize. Category D: P15,000 first prize and P10,000 second prize.
Cagayan de Oro ICT Business Council is a private organization with a membership comprised of BPO Stakeholders, Academe, Locators, Computer Hardware Vendors. The organization is partnered with the Cagayan de Oro Chamber of Commerce and Government Agencies who support the goals and objectives of the organization.