CHRISTMAS. The merriest time of the year can be merrier in Hong Kong. Why? First, the weather is cooler. The snuggle weather is more Christmas-y than in the tropics; second, there will be fireworks and the nightly light show, which might be dancing to Christmas tunes this time around; and third, Harbour City is donning its “Christmas tuxedo.” The place is dressed to impress. It’s ready for your selfies and family photos.
“Christmas Treasures” is Harbour City’s theme this year. I was lucky to get first dibs on the “unveiling” and official lighting of the outdoor Christmas décor. The theme’s essence is to encourage everyone to hunt precious moments, gifts and experiences with loved ones, and asks all to share the blessings.
Here’s seven reasons why you should visit harbor City this Christmas:
1. A Christmas tree garden with the largest at 60 feet tall. It’s magical when the the 200,000 LED lights are lit up. It can even dance to music.
2. Underneath the giant tree is a “secret garden”— the world’s largest video kaleidoscope! It’s a surreal world with dynamic Christmas-themed scenery. Just make a HK$50 donation to “The Hong Kong Blood Cancer Foundation” and have fun!
3. Get romantic at the “Love Lock Bridge”. This is a first in Hong Kong. Write your wishes and love messages on the heart-shaped Love Lock and embellish the bridge with shining colors together with a loved one. Donate HK$20 and choose a Love Lock and lock it on the bridge fence.
4. Make your greetings more special. Visit “Xmas Post” & “Santa Studio”. For a HK$20 donation, you can make your own postcard and Harbour City will mail it to anywhere in the world for free.
5. What is Christmas if you don’t get to see Santa? There is a Santa Claus Meet & Greet on weekends by the giant tree.
6. Be wowed with the Festive Music Light Show every evening form 6 to 10 p.m.
7. To make your Christmas shopping joyful, Harbour City transformed its atrium into a “The Nutcracker” setting. The interactive display will make you feel like you’re a part of the storytelling.
For more travel stories, visit www.jeepneyjinggoy.com.
For lifestyle features, visit www.ofapplesandlemons.com
Email me at email@example.com