DAVAO City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte signed an executive order (EO) creating and reconstituting the bids and awards committee (BAC) for goods, consulting services and civil works.
EO 1 signed January 29 and released February 1 would be composed of the city treasurer, city legal officer, business bureau chief, city general services officer, city planning and development coordinator, and assistant city legal officer as an alternate member.
The members will elect among themselves the chair and vice-chair.
The EO is grounded on the provision of Republic Act (RA) 7160 otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991 for the creation of the local pre-qualification, bids and awards committee that is primarily responsible for the conduct of pre-qualification of contractors, building, evaluation of bids, and the recommendation of awards, concerning local infrastructure projects in the city.
The BAC will have the following functions:
* Advertise and/or post the invitation to bid;
* Conduct pre-procurement and pre-bid conferences;
* Determine the eligibility of prospective bidders;
* Receive bids and conduct the evaluation of bids;
* Undertake post-qualification proceedings;
* Recommend award of contracts to the City Mayor or his duly authorized representative;
* Responsible for ensuring that the procuring entity abides by the standards set forth by the Act and the IRR-A;
* Prepare a procurement monitoring report that shall be approved and submitted by City Mayor to the Government Procurement Policy Board (GPPB) on semestral basis;
* Recommend to the city mayor the use of Alternative Methods of Procurement as provided for under Rule XVI IRR-A of RA 9184; and
* Perform such other related functions as may be necessary, including creating a Technical Working Group (TWG) for Goods and Consulting Services and Civil Works.
EO 1 also states a secretariat shall be created. It shall be designated by the mayor through a memorandum.
To enhance transparency of the procurement process, the BAC shall also invite at least two observers to sit in the proceedings in all stages.
The funds for the operational and other expenses of the BAC shall be sourced from the annual budget of 2009 and trust funds from the sale bid documents and other related fees.