WE WERE having our breakfast at home on an ordinary Wednesday when we suddenly decided to go to the beach. Good thing we have this complimentary pass (good for four people) at Paradise Island Park and Beach Resort in Island Garden City of Samal.
Since it was a rush, I had to be quick in picking up things to bring for my child.
1. Swimsuit - There are several types of swimsuits sold at the mall or online. Choose one which your child feels comfortable— not too loose and not too tight.
2. Sunblock - Your toddler will have a good time on the beach and will enjoy playing on the sand so better not forget to bring sunblock. Use it according to your baby’s skin type. There are hypoallergenic and organic types of sunblock for sensitive skin.
3. Towel - Your child should have a separate towel to dry her body after a good time on the waters.
4. Clothes - You don’t want your child to feel cold or hot. Bring the basics like sando, shorts, pajamas, jacket, etc. Do not also forget to bring diapers (cloth or disposable).
5. Eating utensils - Your child will also want to enjoy your baon. So bring her own spoon, sippy or straw cup. Just wash them at the resort, and re-wash and sterilize them once you reach home.
Enjoying the beach is therapeutic. So don’t stress yourself out and just bring the beach essentials for your child.
The writer will appreciate comments, questions, and story suggestions. Contact her through firstname.lastname@example.org, Ara Casas-Tumuran on Facebook, and @tumuranfamily on Instagram.