THE Davao City Tourism Operations Office (CTOO) expects some 200,000 tourism arrivals in March 2019 as the city celebrates Araw ng Davao.
CTOO head Generose Tecson, in a text message Monday, March 11, said the tourists are expected to visit the city to celebrate and enjoy Araw ng Davao.
She hopes that tourist arrivals in the city will surpass target arrivals this month.
In 2018, CTOO targeted 180,000 tourism arrivals, but attracted a total of 195,000 arrivals based on hotel occupancy reports.
Domestic tourists were the top visitors in March 2018, composing 90 percent while the other 10 percent were Americans, Japanese and Koreans.
The major events highlighted this March include the 82nd Araw ng Davao celebration which opened last March 1 and the Alveo Ironman 70.3 Davao on March 24.
"I hope that they do go around the city to see for themselves how safe it is but at the same time to also be aware of (our) local ordinances," Tecson added.
Aside from tourism-related activities, Tecson said they are also considering guests coming to the city to attend conventions, meetings, and seminars.
March 11, 2019
- A A +
SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce, or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.
Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!