MANILA -- The multiple murder trial of prime suspect Datu Unsay Mayor Andal Ampatuan Jr. has been suspended again Wednesday after the several motions filed by the defense panel.

“Temporarily, she will not set any hearing until such time that the pending incidence of supplemental recusation and motion to admit information (has been commented on),” said Assistant Chief State Prosecutor Richard Anthony Fadullon.

“All the motions are coming from the defense so far. The prosecution is just replying to those,” he added.

Judge Jocelyn Solis-Reyes of Quezon City Regional Trial Court Branch 221 adjourned Wednesday's hearing following Saudi Ampatuan’s filing of a motion to hold in abeyance the issuance of warrant of arrest and another to suspend proceedings.

The other motions include the determination of probable cause against additional accused Police Superintendent Abdulwahid Pertukasan and the motion to admit supplemental grounds for inhibition.

“We were given two weeks to resolve the motion before we can proceed with the hearings...As soon as possible we will resolve the pending motions,” said Nena Santos, lawyer of Buluan Vice Mayor Esmael “Toto” Mangudadatu.

The court also gave the defense 10 days to comment on the prosecution’s opposition to Ampatuan’s motion to inhibit.

The prosecution panel will also furnish copies of amended information on trying 196 others in relation to the massacre at the close of business hours today.

Last February 9, the Department of Justice (DOJ) recommended in a resolution the filing of 57 counts of murder to Ampatuan Sr. and 196 others in connection with the November 23 massacre.

The Quezon City RTC Branch 221 staff, however, clarified that the respondents, which include 16 Ampatuans, were to be indicted for only 41 counts of murders as the DOJ had yet to rule on the remaining 16 counts.

Ampatuan Jr. pleaded not guilty to the multiple murder charges. His father and other relatives are also facing rebellion charges for allegedly trying to subvert the National Government’s authority in Maguindanao.

Earlier, Solis-Reyes deferred the scheduled two hearings for both camps to file their respective comments or oppositions and rejoinders on four pending motions, including the motion to amend information in light of the consolidation of the cases to be filed against the 196 other accused.

Also present during the 25-minute hearing was Justice Secretary Agnes Devanadera who said she was there to monitor the developments of the case. (Virgil Lopez/Sunnex)