SECTIONS
Wednesday, August 21, 2019
DAVAO

Duterte-Carpio dares Bikoy to file charges

Sara Duterte-Carpio

DAVAO City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio dared the man behind the "Ang Totoong Narcolists" to file charges against names he dragged in his expose video.

In an ambush interview, Duterte-Carpio challenged "Bikoy" or Peter Joemel Advincula to file a case in court after he insisted that his husband Manases "Mans" Carpio along with Christopher "Bong" Go and his brother, former Davao City vice mayor and first district congressman Paolo Duterte, are involved in the illegal drug trade.

"If he thinks there is enough evidence he is holding to file a case, I dare him to file a case against the people he mentioned in his video," the mayor said right after she cast her vote at Daniel R. Aguinaldo National High School (Dranhs).

Meanwhile, President Rodrigo Duterte revealed that the matrix released by Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo is true.

Duterte, who voted in Davao City at the Daniel R. Aguinaldo National High School (Dranhs), said "Bikoy" is also involved in the destabilization plot against him.

He also said the basis on the inclusion of the names was through a recorded communication.

But he said the basis used is considered wiretapping, adding that he is not aware who made the recording.

He said he will leave it to Panelo to discuss further the issue.

"There are battles that I would leave it to Atty. Panelo to answer. Kasi lalo na fake pati genuine news. 'Pag tingin ko, alanganin ako, i-misquote ako, I would leave it to him," Duterte said.

Duterte-Carpio said, in a previous report, that she is not interested in filing a case against Bikoy.

She said his revelation has "no depth," saying he is just a fool.

Go and Duterte-Carpio had denied the allegations, saying it is a black propaganda to ruin the image of the Duterte administration.

Last week, Bikoy surrendered to the Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP) to seek legal help in filing charges against the names he dragged in his expose.

But his request was junked on May 8, citing the IBP "cannot be seen to be siding with or going against any candidate or political party."

Meanwhile, the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group activated its operation to arrest Bikoy on Friday, May 10.

The arrest warrant was issued by the La Trinidad Municipal Trial Court in September 2007 over charges of estafa.

A case was previously filed against him with warrant of arrest issued for illegal recruitment committed in large-scale by a syndicate and was dismissed in 2009.


VIEW COMMENTS
DISCLAIMER:

SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.


Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

sunstar.com.ph