CEBU

Tan returns to cage in June

TRESTEL Tan will just relish another opportunity to be able to fight inside the ONE Championship cage, regardless of the result.

“I’m relaxed. I’m just having fun,” said the Vietnam-based Tan, who will see action in the undercard of the “ONE: Legendary Quest” on June 15 in Shanghai, China against South Korean upstart Chang Min Yoon.

The 34-year-old Tan feels that he has already achieved his goals in MMA, fighting in Asia’s biggest stage.

“I’m already satisfied with what I have reached in mixed martial arts,” said Tan, who once trained at the Yaw-Yan Ardigma Cebu. “Fighting in ONE Championship was my goal. I already did it. I’m happy already.” Tan last fought in the ONE Championship cage on July 13 of last year. He lost to Dae Sung Park by unanimous decision in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Tan’s latest fight was a first round arm triangle submission defeat in the hands of Kimihiro Eto in ONE Championship’s developmental league, ONE Warrior Series last Feb. 28 in Singapore.

Tan made his ONE Championship debut in 2015 with a first round stoppage against Jeff Huang in a rematch. He has fought four times in the ONE Championship and only won once, a rear-naked choke victory over Djatmiko Waluyo.

Yoon, on the other hand, has only two pro fights under his belt. But he has fought several times in the amateur ranks. (EKA)


VIEW COMMENTS
DISCLAIMER:

SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.


Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

sunstar.com.ph