MANILA

Advincula out on bail; PNP awaits his sworn statement

THE Philippine National Police (PNP) will wait for the sworn statement of Peter Joemel Advincula before launching an investigation on his allegations against Senator Antonio Trillanes IV, Vice President Maria Leonor “Leni” Robredo and the Liberal Party.

Advincula, who is facing charges of estafa, posted bail last week. He left PNP custody on Saturday, May 25, 2019, PNP Chief Oscar Albayalde said.

Albayalde said a team of investigators has prepared a case folder on Advincula’s claims.

“Wala pa siyang (sworn affidavit) na pinipirmahan so how can we start the investigation? But we are preparing for that meron na kaming dedicated team from the CIDG (Criminal Investigation and Detection Group) na gagawa noon (investigation) but until he gives his sworn statement then wala,” Albayalde said in a press conference on Monday, May 27, 2019.

(We already have a dedicated team from the CIDG that will conduct the investigation. But they could not start until he gives his sworn statement.)

“But we have started of course ‘yung sinasabi niya. but without his sworn statement pati ‘yung mga pangalan at lugar na pinagsasabi niya it has to be covered by a sworn statement,” he added.

Advicnula, who claimed to be “Bikoy” in the series of “Ang Totoong Narco-list” videos, surrendered to the PNP Thursday, May 23.

In a press conference on Friday, May 24, he claimed that the videos were orchestrated by the LP and Trillanes who allegedly want to oust President Rodrigo Duterte and install Robredo as president. Robredo is then supposedly expected to appoint Trillanes as her vice president.

Advincula claimed he was promised P500,000 to pose as “Bikoy”, but he was not paid when the LP candidates lost in the May 13, 2019 elections.

Albayalde said Advincula did not request for any security amid claims that there is a threat against his life and his family.

But the PNP chief said he has directed the Police Regional Office in Bicol to assess whether Advincula’s family in Donsol, Sorsogon was facing security threats.

Albayalde said Advincula promised the CIDG that he will return with his legal counsel and a sworn statement and evidence to substantiate his claims.

“As we have said kailangan sworn statement and he has to substantiate his statement with physical and documentary evidence. Wala lang yun (mga sinabi niya) kung wala siyang evidence,” said Albayalde.

The “Bikoy” videos claimed that presidential son Paolo Duterte, his brother-in-law Maneses Carpio and senator-elect Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go were part of a drug syndicate.

Advincula apologized to the Duterte family and Go for the allegations. (SunStar Philippines)


VIEW COMMENTS
DISCLAIMER:

SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.


Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

sunstar.com.ph