THE House adopted Monday, June 3, Resolution 197, commending Representative Raul V. Del Mar of Cebu City north district for his "outstanding performance" and perfect attendance during past eight terms: 8th, 9th, 10th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 16th and 17th Congresses.
Resolution 197 was presented to Del Mar by House Speaker Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo during the "Pagpupugay sa mga Kinatawan ng Ika-Labimpitong Kongreso."
Del Mar, reelected in the May 13 polls, will also serve the 18th Congress.
In addition to Del Mar's perfect attendance, the resolution also commended his performance as deputy speaker for six years during the 13th and 14th Congresses, head of the House contingent to the Commission on Appointments for six years during the 9th and 10th Congresses, chairman of the Committee on Inter-Parliamentary Relations and Diplomacy in the 16th Congress, and sub-committee chairman of the Judiciary committee, Commission on Human Rights and Civil Service Commission, as well as vice chairman of the Committee on Appropriations this 17th Congress.
Del Mar was also commended for principally authoring 71 laws -- seven laws this 17th Congress and 64 laws -- during the previous Congresses.
These laws he authored addressed a wide range of national and local concerns, from poverty to undernourished children, tertiary education, tourism, renewable energy, violence against women and children, and dangerous drugs and overseas Filipino workers voting to the creation of the Cebu Port Authority and the Mactan-Cebu International Airport Authority.
Among them are:
* Republic Act (RA) 11291, otherwise known as "Providing for a Magna Carta of the Poor"
* RA 11037, "National Feeding Program for Undernourished Children in Public Day Care, Kindergarten & Elementary Schools"
* RA 10931, "Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education Act"
* RA 9593, "The Tourism Act of 2009"
* RA 9513, "Renewable Energy Act of 2008"
* RA 9262, "Anti-Violence Against Women and their Children Act of 2004"
* RA 9189, "The Overseas Absentee Voting Act of 2003"
* RA 9165, "Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002"
* RA 9160, "Anti-Money Laundering Act of 2001"
* RA 7621, "Creating the Cebu Port Authority"
* RA 6958, "Creating the Mactan-Cebu International Airport Authority"