CEBU

Tejero councilor in ‘ambush’ resigns

AFTER being absent from work for 10 months, Tejero Barangay Councilor Jessielou Cadungog of Cebu City has resigned.

His resignation took effect May 31, 2019. He said he decided to give up his post because he could no longer perform his duties following the “circumstances” of July 30, 2018.

Cadungog was a target of a foiled ambush that day along Villagonzalo 2. Armed men fired at his car, forcing his driver to fire back, hitting Eugene Calumba, who who turned out to be a police officer. The police didn’t believe Cadungog’s claim of an ambush and tagged him instead as the primary suspect in the death of Calumba. Since then, Cadungog has not reported for work in the barangay and was, for a time, under the custody of the National Bureau of Investigation in the region.

In his resignation letter addressed to Tejero Barangay Captain Hermogines Galang Jr., Cadungog said, “Thank you for all the years that we have been together as one big family and joining our hands in serving our constituents.”

The letter was addressed to Mayor Tomas Osmeña and the Department of the Interior and Local Government.

Cadungog was Tejero barangay captain for three years, after which he won as barangay councilor.

The Tejero Barangay Council affirmed the appointment of Almar Carl Amen, a former Sangguniang Kabataan chairman, in Cadungog’s place. Amen took his oath of office before Osmeña Monday, June 10. (RVC)


VIEW COMMENTS
DISCLAIMER:

SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.


Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

sunstar.com.ph