I MUST admit that I was scared to try the newest adventure ride in Eden Nature Park and Resort, the Skywheel, because I have fear of heights. However, my friends made it look easy so I got the courage to also ride on.
My judgement: it is fun.
If you are a thrill-ride enthusiast who wants an extreme ride experience, this should be in your bucket list.
You are like a hamster walking inside a wheel for a total of 400 meters back and forth. The ride stands at an average height of 60 feet. The guest must reach the weight requirement of 50 kgs. Three wheels can travel at the same time.
Here are the some steps to consider when riding the skywheel:
1. Eat or drink something sweet before taking the ride. I think the juice that was served to us few minutes before trying the ride gave me some sugar rush.
2. You must always lean forward (best to do the cat walk LOL) so you can move and reach the next tower in less than five minutes. If you walk slowly, the wheel controls you and it is heavy (80kgs.) Skywheel will require you endurance and strength. It’s the best workout, I swear!
Refrain from looking down. Just don’t worry if the cable moves a lot.
3. Conquer your fear and have fun. Think of doing a treadmill up in the air with a stunning view on both sides, plus the cool breeze, and the smiles and laughters of your friends who are proud of you because you are doing it safe and right.
4. Bring water and leave it at the tower so you can drink it few minutes after finishing the entire ride.
5. Take note that pregnant women, persons who are intoxicated or under the influence of drugs, has heart problems or hypertension, has vertigo, has neck/spine injury are not allowed to ride.
The Skywheel is open from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. (Monday to Thursday), and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Friday to Sunday).
[The writer appreciates comments, questions, and story suggestions. Contact her through firstname.lastname@example.org, @mommyaracasastumuran on Instagram, and subscribe to her Youtube channel www.youtube.com/c/AraCasasTumuran.]