A NEW route to a regular destination. I tried this flying from Davao to Bangkok via Hong Kong this time, and on Cathay Pacific Business Class, no less. Did I like it? No. I loved it!
Here are six reasons why I chose to fly the Cathay Dragon + Cathay Pacific combo to one of my favorite Asian cities this time around.
Cathay Dragon has a direct link to Hong Kong. It skips Manila airport. We know how congested the airport is. Besides, entering a foreign country to connect to another is more exciting.
1. It’s single check-in. You can have your boarding tickets at the point of origin and not worry about claiming your baggage midway. Wave to your luggage and say, “See you in Bangkok!”
2. The move to the connecting flight to Bangkok from Hong Kong was seamless. It was convenient and quick. Easy breezy.
3. On the way back, the two-hour layover in Hong Kong was, in truth, a bit short (LOL). Hong Kong International Airport is nice to explore with its food & retail offerings.
4. On this route, Hong Kong is not just a layover. You have an option to cut your trip and stay in the city before heading to your final destination. That’s two stamps on your passport, baby! Take advantage of enjoying two countries on a single trip. Better than a Manila stop-over, don’t you think?
5. I suggest flying on Business Class. The perks of doing so are F-A-B! You will enjoy these: comfortable wide seats, generous leg room, entertainment and great menu on board; access to the superb Cathay Pacific lounges to enjoy that famous Dandan noodles; separate check-in line, and first to board and disembark; and another important detail is you get Fast Track pass for a separate immigrations clearance. No long lines where you will be.
6. Most importantly, at my age, I want to spoil myself. I deserve it. So do you.
Follow jeepneyjinggoy on Instagram and Facebook
For more photos about this feature and other travel stories, visit www.jeepneyjinggoy.com
For lifestyle features, visit www.ofapplesandlemons.com
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org