OFTEN it’s simplicity that draws more attention. This is never a problem with those gifted with style. They can don a shift dress and stand out.
In an occasion like the Hijos de Davao ball, donning the Barong Pilipino - the Terno for women and Barong Tagalog for men - is the dress code. Although the Rigodon de Honor participants and a handful of attendees adhered to the code, many shifted to the Western evening wear.
Who wore what in the 55th Hijos de Davao ball? Women turned to simplicity and the classic - solid colors, lace, brocade, chiffon cut in simple silhouettes that highlighted their beauty. Pieces that can stand the test of time and passed on to the next generation. This ball proved that beauty and style are genetic.
1. Trisha Villaviencio was elegant in her Mia Urquico terno in pink silk gazar with laser cut details on the butterfly sleeves and split skirt defined in black. This won her a 3D/2N stay at DusitD2’s Club Floor Room with access to the Club Lounge.
2. Bebet Nograles was radiant in her Tadashi Shoji. This lady is fit and tall and her body hugging lace + brocade in floral pattern made her look taller. Her blooming beauty deserves a night at the Pearl Farm Beach Resort.
3. Ariana del Rosario makes it back to the list. On this occasion, she was like a young Greek goddess in her Oj Hofer Venus cut, flowing chiffon dress. The dress was passed on to her by her equally beautiful mother. She gets to stay a night at Seda Abreeza Hotel.
4. Annie Candari was radiant in her Bobby Castillo terno. The sheen of the pink silk was nice contrast to the patterned black lace overlay. How about a night at the Maro Polo Davao to relax?
5. Isabela Francisco is another lady who has inherited her mother’s beauty and style. She was a glowing star in her Emi Englis midnight blue strapless column dress with sheer black patterned tulle overlay. Enjoy a night at Waterfront Insular Hotel.
6. Michelle Ang’s style is quite defined. She goes for the simplest of cuts and colors yet manage to stand out. Michelle was an image of grace in a textured white House of Laurel single sleeve shift dress. Have fun at Park Inn by Radisson!
7. Dad in a Barong Tagalog escorting his wife and daughter, both in pink – Betsy’s strapless column dress by Aztec Barba and Maia’s Terno by Rodel Macatangay. A family picture of subtle elegance. For a summery family photo, they will hop on a speed boat and spend a day at Lubi Plantation in Kopiat Island.
Follow ofapplesandlemons on Facebook
For other lifestyle features, visit www.ofapplesandlemons.com
For travel stories, visit www.jeepneyjinggoy.com
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org