FIRE investigators have considered electrical short circuit and candle that was left burning as the causes in last Friday’s fire in Lapaz I, Barangay Lapasan.

City Fire Marshall Benigno Amomonpon Jr. of the Cagayan de Oro Central Fire Station said the two versions were taken based on the statement of some witnesses.

For updates from around the country, follow Sun.Star on Twitter

“Wala pud naka-individual ang linya sa kuryenti ug naay mga nag-flying, dapat limited lang ang occupant,” Amomonpon told Sun.Star Cagayan de Oro.

The fire started at the second floor of Hadji Omar’s house around 10:30 a.m.

Actual investigation in the area after the fire revealed that only 38 houses were burned, not 50, as initial figure given by investigators earlier.

Estimated damaged is amounted to P3 million.

Amomonpon said investigators are still conducting further investigation in the area to gather more information and evidences to determine the real cause of fire.

The current blaze was the fifth incident since January this year as far as structural fire is concerned, Amomonpon said.

The Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) is celebrating Fire Prevention Month this March.