A MAN was hurt after passenger vessel M/V Trans Asia 1 caught fire while it docked at FF Cruz Wharf in Mandaue City Wednesday dawn, July 10, 2019.
The man was identified as Apprentice Mate Green Ligit, a responder.
Ligit was immediately attended to by a medical team and was brought to the University of Cebu Medical Center-UCMed for further assessment.
Michael John Encina, information officer of the Philippine Coast Guard Central Visayas, said that based on their initial assessment, the cause of the fire was faulty electrical wiring in the vessel's galley.
Around 6 a.m., the fire was declared under control.
The vessel, owned by Trans Asia Shippong Lines, carried 36 crew members.
The Philippine Coast Guard Environmental Protection Unit also conducted an inspection and found no oil spill in the area. (SunStar Cebu)
CEBU. Apprentice Mate Green Ligit was hurt after passenger vessel m/v Trans Asia 1 caught fire. (Contributed photos)
July 10, 2019
- A A +
SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce, or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.
Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!