A MAN was hurt after passenger vessel M/V Trans Asia 1 caught fire while it docked at FF Cruz Wharf in Mandaue City Wednesday dawn, July 10, 2019.
The man was identified as Apprentice Mate Green Ligit, a responder.
Ligit was immediately attended to by a medical team and was brought to the University of Cebu Medical Center-UCMed for further assessment.
Michael John Encina, information officer of the Philippine Coast Guard Central Visayas, said that based on their initial assessment, the cause of the fire was faulty electrical wiring in the vessel's galley.
Around 6 a.m., the fire was declared under control.
The vessel, owned by Trans Asia Shippong Lines, carried 36 crew members.
The Philippine Coast Guard Environmental Protection Unit also conducted an inspection and found no oil spill in the area. (SunStar Cebu)