The Damaged predicted: Disorder and Evil of every kind (vv. 15-16)
JAMES clearly said they cannot be from God. Never underestimate jealousy...it brought Lucifer down. James said it’s earthly, unspiritual and demonic. With certainty he said “whenever”...meaning, as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow, you will find extensive damage that this wicked duo creates. Having no time to enumerate the details, he simply said there will be disorder and evil of every kind. The nearest concrete application of this warning is honest self-reflection which prompts repentance when the Lord exposes the presence of these sins in our lives. Distance yourself from others who are consumed by the demons of jealousy and selfishness. Don’t allow these people to be your influence!
3. It’s authenticated by a Godly character
Godly character begins with your conversion...the point where you enter into a relationship with God by faith in Christ. Godly character is founded on godly convictions. The Holy Spirit guides you to the Holy Scriptures where you find the solid standard for what is godly and evil. Godly character is displayed by your choice...priorities and principles reflect wisdom. Godly character is a commitment you live out in this world of many convincing rationalizations. A godly person is not someone who makes no mistakes; it is one who desperately depends on God! (17-18)
· The Motive by which true wisdom is exercised is of purity and peace
· The Manner by which true wisdom is extended is gentleness and grace
· The Method that true wisdom embraces is the principle and practice of a gracist
True wisdom is...
1. Not eager to engage in useless debate but presents credible evidence of transformed lives because of Christ.
2. Committed to do good deeds from a heart with no personal agenda and is not hungry for credit.
3. Done in grace and gentleness as opposed to strictness and sarcasm.
4. Walks the pathway of a powerless gracist.
“Abba, help me depend upon you to live out the qualities of true wisdom, do more good deeds in the attitude that reflects your gentleness and grace. Lord Jesus, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Amen.”
“Abba, by the power of the Holy Spirit help me overcome jealousy and selfishness. Grant me a heart alert to detect their presence and promptness to call on you for deliverance. Lord, from a heart full of jealousy and selfishness, deliver me... Amen.”
“Abba, help me understand the way of a gracist that I may overcome my sense of entitlement. Set me free from my deep-seated prejudices. Lord, hear our prayers... Amen.”