BACOLOD City Police Office (BCPO) director Police Colonel Henry Binas Wednesday, July 31, ordered the City Investigation Section to conduct a thorough investigation on the alleged attempted kidnapping incident in the city last week.
This, after a netizen on Tuesday posted on her Facebook account that unidentified men on board color gray vehicle on Friday, July 26, attempted to kidnap the son of her sister-in-law in Barangay Montevista.
The boy along with the two other kids were allegedly standing in front of a school waiting for a tricycle when unidentified men on board a vehicle tried to grab them, but the three kids managed to escape.
“As of now, we don’t have concrete information of said alleged incident, but we will investigate this to ensure the safety of everybody, especially the children who are in schools,” Binas said.
He said he already tapped the assistance of the Intelligence Unit and the investigation section of the police stations to validate the alleged incident.
“If it’s true, the parents should report it immediately to the nearest police station so that it will be acted by our police. We need the cooperation of everybody to maintain the peace and order in Bacolod,” he added.
Binas said based on BCPO’s intelligence monitoring, there’s no kidnapping group in Bacolod.
The police official urged parents to be extra vigilant and warn their children from talking to strangers to avoid untoward incidents. (MAP)