BACOLOD

Dengue deaths in Negros Occidental now at 37

THE number of dengue-related fatalities in Negros Occidental has now reached to 37 based on the latest records taken by the Provincial Health Office (PHO).

The PHO said from January 1 to August 19 of this year, they have recorded around 5,990 dengue cases, an increase of 60 percent compared to the same period last year.

Records show Cadiz City and Cauayan had the highest number of fatalities with four, followed by Himamaylan, San Carlos and Kabankalan with three deaths each.

Bago City, Escalante City and the towns of Don Salvador Benedicto and Candoni, meanwhile, recorded two fatalities each.

Sagay, Victorias, La Carlota, Binalbagan, Calatrava, EB Magalona, Hinigaran, Hinoba-an, La Castellana, Manapla, and Murcia had one fatality each.

Earlier, Negros Occidental Governor Eugenio Jose Lacson said he recently met with health officials to remind them that dengue fever remains prevalent and requires cooperation from the community.

“There’s no question that local government units are now on heightened alert trying to minimize the number of cases,” he said.


VIEW COMMENTS
DISCLAIMER:

SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.


Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

sunstar.com.ph