MANILA

Ex-mayor walks free after posting bail

FORMER Daraga mayor Carlwyn Baldo was released from detention on Monday, September 9, after posting bail over murder charges, a police official said.

Bicol Police Director Arnel Escobal said Baldo was released around 5 p.m. after posting a bail of over P8 million as set by a Legazpi court.

Baldo was the primary accused in the killing of AKO Bicol Party-list representative Rodel Batocabe and his security aide during a gift giving activity in Daraga in December 2018.

He allegedly masterminded Batocabe’s execution due to political rivalry.

Last week, the court allowed Baldo to post bail, citing the prosecution’s failure to present enough evidence which may prove his involvement in the killing.

Earlier, Escobal expressed dismay over the court’s order. (SunStar Philippines)


VIEW COMMENTS
DISCLAIMER:

SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.


Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

sunstar.com.ph