DAVAO

Student steps on wet ground near traffic light post, dies

DAVAO. A Grade 11 student died from electrocution after stepping on a wet ground beside a traffic light post. (Photo from Public Information Page Davao City Facebook page)

A 19-YEAR-OLD Grade 11 student was electrocuted after he stepped on wet ground beside a traffic light post around 1:30 a.m. Tuesday, October 8, in Panacan, Davao City.

The victim was identified as Laurence Allen Barrios Siarot, a student of Rizal Memorial Colleges (RMC) and a resident of Avocado Street, Phase 2, Doña Mercedez Subdivision in Panacan.

He was declared dead on arrival at 2 a.m. at the Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC). He was rescued by Panacan volunteers.

Witness Frederick Lumantad Tolibas, 43, a security guard, said when he alighted from a jeepney near Depo Panacan, he saw the victim collapse. He said the victim fell after he stepped on the wet ground beside a traffic light pole.

There was a heavy downpour the night before the incident happened.

Tolibas said he called for help when the incident happened but no one dared, as everybody was afraid of being electrocuted too.

The remains of the victim are currently at the Padre Pio Funeral Homes while police investigation is ongoing.


VIEW COMMENTS
DISCLAIMER:

SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.


Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

sunstar.com.ph