RELATIVES of 13 journalists killed in last year’s Maguindanao massacre will file Wednesday administrative charges against 62 officers and members of the Philippine National Police (PNP) implicated in the gruesome carnage.
Lawyer Harry Roque who is serving as the legal counsel of the journalists’ kin said they will troop to the National Police Commission (Napolcom) office in Makati City at 1:30 p.m. to file the charges.
“The filing of the administrative charges only shows our resolve to seek justice for the victims of the Maguindanao massacre and their relatives,” Roque said.
At least 57 people were shot dead on November 23 last year in a remote farming area of Maguindanao in a massacre that shocked the nation.
Among the police officers to be included in the charges are: Superintendent Abusama Mundas Maguid, Officer in Charge (OIC) of the Maguindanao Police Provincial Office; Superintendent Bahnarin Kamaong, Superintendent Abdulwahid Pedtucasan and Chief Inspector Sukarno Adil Dikay, Deputy Provincial Director.
Also to be charged are Inspector Armando Sanday Mariga of the 1506th Provincial Mobile Group (PMG); Inspector Saudi Matabalao Mokamad of the 1507th PMG; Inspector Rex Ariel Tabao Diongon of the 1508th PMG; Senior Inspector Abdulgapor Benasing Abad of the 15th Regional Mobile Group; and SPO2 Badawi Piang Bakal of the Ampatuan Municipal Police Station.
Authorities have earlier filed murder charges against members of the powerful Ampatuan clan in the province.
Andal Ampatuan Jr., a mayor of the province, has been charged with 25 counts of murder over the massacre.
The clan is headed by Andal Ampatuan Sr., the governor of Maguindanao province who for years had his own private army and enjoyed the backing of President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo. (AH/Sunnex)