AN ALLEGED manager and chief executive officer (CEO) of an investment scheme and a woman, believed to be kidnapped by unidentified men at 12:14 a.m. Tuesday, October 15, at National Highway, Jose P. Laurel Avenue, Panabo City, are still missing.
According to the Police Regional Office (PRO)-Davao, there was a black Nissan Terra with plate number LAF 6850 peppered with bullet marks that was abandoned by the roadside at Kilometer 31, National Highway.
But there was no one inside the car, according to a police investigation. Witnesses said they heard gunshots then a man and a woman from the Nissan vehicle got out and ran away. However, they were chased by the suspects inside another black pick-up. They were forced to ride the said vehicle before it sped away going to Davao City.
Around 1:05 a.m. a Shawn Samonte Calimbo went to the Panabo City Police Station, together with Dodong Remy, who introduced himself as an agent of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI), and asked that the incident be reported.
According to Calimbo and Remy, the woman who was forced to ride the black pick-up is Dianne Ongcal who was still able to text them that they were with the group of alyas Angel. “Shawn tabang, mamatay ko diri-a (Shawn, help! I will die here),” she said in the text. Ongcal, however, could no longer be contacted.
In the latest progress report of Panabo City PNP, Tuesday morning, a Ronald Branzuela alyas Ron-Ron, 27, surfaced and admitted that he was the one driving the Nissan Terra with plate number LAF 6850 for Necron Natividad Tamot at 3N1 Lodging House, Barangay Cagangohan, Panabo City who rents a space there.
He said he was shocked to know from a friend from Monkayo, Compostela Valley that Necron was shot and that the Nissan Terra he was in was peppered with bullet marks.
The man kidnapped was identified as Necron Natividad Tamo.
In a post on social media last October 12, three days before the incident took place, a netizen posted on Facebook that they filed a case against Necron and Ongcal in relation to the P42 million that Necron has yet to refund to investors. In the said post, there was a picture of a man and a woman who were believed to be Necron and Ongcal.
On October 10, there was also a post on social media requesting for the immediate release of the investors’ pay-out money from Necron Natividad Tamot since he had been keeping promises to his investors.
As of Wednesday, the police does not have updates yet on the whereabouts of Necron and Ongcal. They have yet to identify individuals who could be behind the kidnapping while investigation is ongoing.