AUTHORITIES assured a peaceful and safe Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR) amid the recovery of eight human remains in a ravine along Marcos Highway in Tuba, Benguet last week.
Police Brigadier General Ephraim Israel Dickson, Police Regional Office (PRO)-Cordillera, said in a press briefing that the retrieval of eight bodies, including skeletal remains, in Sitio Poyopoy, Taloy Sur, Marcos Highway, Tuba, Benguet on October 15 is isolated.
"I think the Poyopoy incident is an isolated case as far as PRO-COR (Cordillera) is concerned. The security provided by the PNP and other force multipliers to the general public especially here in the Cordilleras is enough but since this thing happened, we still have to adjust our security arrangements and make the necessary adjustments," Dickson said.
Dickson added the recent dumping of bodies will not affect the peace and order situation in the region. He clarified, though, that they will double their effort to ensure safety of the residents in the region.
"We already created a task force to investigate this incident in our area and I directed most especially the provincial director to exert effort and leave no stone unturned just to unmask the perpetrators of this gruesome incident. So we are calling on everyone to help in the solution of this crime in Benguet," Dickson added.
Police Colonel Elmer Ragay, Benguet Provincial Police Office (BPPO) director, said they are currently awaiting additional personnel to augment the current 44-man strong Tuba Municipal Station officers deployed in different stations.
"We are just awaiting the additional personnel with the recent oath-taking wherein each PPO will be downloaded with the needed personnel. I have a matrix on the lack of personnel and assets with Tuba as the priority among the municipalities," Ragay said.