GOVERNOR Eugenio Jose Lacson bared Tuesday, October 22, the achievements done by his administration for the realization of his ”Abanse Negrense” on his first 100 days report during the regular session of the Sangguniang Panlalawigan (SP) at the Social Hall of the Provincial Capitol.
Abanse Negrense is a seven-point development agenda which stands for: A - Agriculture & Food Security; B - Building Infrastructure, Roads and other structures; A - Advancement of Economic, Trade, Investment and Employment Opportunities; N - Nurturing Public Health; S - Sustainable Environmental Management & Tourism development; E - Education, Culture, Sports & ICT; and the last N as Negrense brand of Good Governance and Human Development.
Lacson highlighted major accomplishments under the Office of the Provincial Agriculture, such as the tramline and irrigation projects worth PhP6,521,946.44 turned over to increase agricultural productivity.
The agricultural tramline in Patag, Silay reduced the conventional transporting from 1 hour and 30 minutes to 1 minute and 30 seconds.
The irrigation project increased the production areas of rice farmers in Cansalongan, Isabela to 20 hectares.
The governor also mentioned completing three infrastructures worth PhP14,471,383.75 and the turn-over of 31 units of agri-machinery projects worth Php2,306,300 in support to farmers.
On the policy level, the Office of the Provincial Agriculturist (OPA) were able to facilitate the passage of two important provincial resolutions and one ordinance.
Among these were the declaration a state of calamity of the entire Negros Occidental province due to El Niño, and the ordinance appropriating the amount of six million pesos for the 2019 General Fund supplemental budget of the province for the procurement of palay amidst the Rice Tariffication Law.
The Provincial Veterinary Office (PVO)
The PVO issued and implemented Executive Order (EO) No. 19-23 creating the Provincial Task Force on African swine fever (ASF).
It also issued Executive Order No. 19-40 that temporarily banned 90 days the import of live pigs, pork and pork products from Luzon to Negros Occidental for 90 days due to the threat of ASF.
The consolidated apprehension report showed a total of 2.75 tons of assorted pork products apprehended in ports, including a number of hot meat and cans of banned pork luncheon products.
The PVO generated a total of P2.3 million income from sales of culled farm animals, farm products, and by-products and issuance of Veterinary Health Certificates, farm registration, and veterinary fees in compliance with the Provincial Tax Ordinance.
Office of the Provincial Engineer
• Started the rehabilitation of Barangay IA, to Barangay Punta Salong Farm, to market Road in Manapla (3.095 km) amounting to P48.6 million with funds from the Philippine Rural Development Project (PRDP)
• Constructed the 75.l-meter Himoga-an Bridge along Rehabilitation of Sitio Magtu-od to Sitio Vergara FMR (0.075km) amounting to P39.6 million (source of fund: PRDP)
• Constructed the 120.1-meter Himoga-an Bridge (.120km) amounting to P76.3 million (source of fund: PRDP)
• Upgraded the Patun-an-Agpangi-Bagonbon Road (1.5km) amounting to P35.1 million with funds from the Conditional Matching Grant to Provinces (CMGP 2019)
• Upgraded San Pablo Sicaba Monte PR, Manapla (1.14km) amounting to P22.7 million (source of fund: CMGP 2019)
• Upgraded Tongo-Palhe-Biao PR, Binalbagan (1.25 km) amounting to P24.528 million (source of fund: CMGP 2019)
• Upgraded Candoni Payawan PR, Candoni (1.205 km) amounting to P24.517 million (source of fund: CMGP 2019).
The Economic Enterprise Development Department (EEDD)
The EEDD launched the “Kaon Ta Sa Suba” in Mambukal Resort for the day tour package.
Its first customers, 129 officers and staff of the Commission on Elections-Zamboanga Peninsula (Comelec-9), trekked the waterfalls, dipped in the sulfur waters, explored the resort, and enjoyed a hearty buffet by the river.
"It is my pleasure to announce that the province has been named as one of the finalists in the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI) 2019 Search for Business Friendly and Competitive LGUs (Province Category). One out of 81 provinces have been qualified," Lacson said.
The Public Employment Service Office (Peso)
• Initiated the conducted Job Fairs in three local government units (LGUs) that directly employed 53 workers
• Assisted in the conduct of Special and Local Recruitment activities with private companies needing manpower
The Negros Occidental Comprehensive Health Program (NOCHP)
• Had 321,231 beneficiaries enrolled as of October 8
• Had 33,595 patients in the he NOCHP Availment for July–September 2019
• Spent P23.8 million for hospital expenses
• Had an additional hospital affiliated with NOCHP - the Bago City Hospital
• Distributed Hospital NOCHP Card in Bago City, Cadiz City, Kabankalan City, Talisay City, and Pontevedra
The Hospital Operations Department
• Turned over three units of ambulance to Teresita l. Jalandoni Provincial Hospital, Lorenzo D. Zayco Distric Hospital, and Cadiz District Hospital
• Turned over 10 units of Newborn Hearing Screener to 10 district hospitals
• Turned over 14 units of Manual Defibrillator Machine to 11 hospitals
• Turned over Anesthesia Machines to Gov. Valeriano M. Gatuslao Memorial Hospital and Lorenzo Zayco District Hospital
• Turned over 31 units of Diagnostic set for 11 hospitals
• Started the renovation of Ignacio L. Arroyo Sr. Memorial Hospital, Merceditas Montilla District Hospital and warehouse building and Vicente Gustilo District Hospital in Escalante
The Provincial Health Office (PHO)
For the Dengue Prevention and Control Program, the PHO:
• Disseminated to all LGUs and health facilities EO 19-19, entitled the Dengue Heightened Alert
• Initiated a meeting through the Provincial Health Board with the governor as the presiding officer to disseminate information on the status of dengue cases in the province to local chief executives (LCEs) and various stakeholders
• Continued fumigation activities in coordination with the LGUs with high cases of dengue
• Distributed vector management to 31 LGUs (from the Department of Health and the Provincial Government), such as insecticides, larvaecides, mosquito nets/rolls
• Continued the programs for Rabies Control, Environmental Health and Sanitation, STH and Schistosomiasis Control, Malaria and Filaria Control, Nutrition, Family Planning and Safe Motherhood, Maternal Health Program, Newborn Screening, and National Immunization
For the Indigenous People (IP), Lacson said he signed EO No. 19-26 creating the IP-Provincial Inter-Agency Committee.
This is to ensure that IPs may avail of basic health services.
For the Health Outreach Mission, medical missions were conducted to 28 LGUs/barangays with 3,383 patients served and dental missions to 37 LGU/barangays with 1,393 patients served.
The Negros Occidental Scholarship Program
• Signed Scholarship Agreement with 364 qualified incoming scholars for School Year 2019-2020
• Sent two batches of scholars (high school graduates and Alternative Learning System passers) to Dualtech Training Center in Canlubang, Laguna. A total of 87 scholars are currently studying Electro-mechanics Technology
• The Cooperative Association for Yomiuri Shimbun Distribution Services recently selected 13 young professionals to further study in Japan in March 2020
• A total of 11 Mechanical Engineers who shifted to Marine Engineering with the study-now-pay-later program were recognized during the launching ceremony by their respective manning companies
• In coordination with Power Foundation, the first batch of 34 Cookery NC II trainees passed the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (Tesda) National Assessment conducted on first week of October with job offers from Quebec, Canada and Japan through the Phil. Apex Placement
• 53 high school students applied for the Miyakonojo Higashi High School scholarship grant. 10 selected grantees will study in Japan for three years.
Currently, NOSPD handles 1,135 scholars including IPs and persons with disability (PWD) and 236 teachers taking up masteral and doctoral degrees under the Project FREE Program.