A TELEVISION report said charges of grave misconduct were filed against the 62 policemen for allegedly involved in the Ampatuan, Maguindanao massacre last November 23,2009.
Report said charges were filed by the relatives of the 13 journalist victims.
At least 57 people were shot dead on November 23 last year in a remote farming area of Maguindanao in a massacre that shocked the nation.
Among the police officers to be included in the charges are: Superintendent Abusama Mundas Maguid, Officer in Charge (OIC) of the Maguindanao Police Provincial Office; Superintendent Bahnarin Kamaong, Superintendent Abdulwahid Pedtucasan and Chief Inspector Sukarno Adil Dikay, Deputy Provincial Director.
Also to be charged are Inspector Armando Sanday Mariga of the 1506th Provincial Mobile Group (PMG); Inspector Saudi Matabalao Mokamad of the 1507th PMG; Inspector Rex Ariel Tabao Diongon of the 1508th PMG; Senior Inspector Abdulgapor Benasing Abad of the 15th Regional Mobile Group; and SPO2 Badawi Piang Bakal of the Ampatuan Municipal Police Station.
Authorities have earlier filed murder charges against members of the powerful Ampatuan clan in the province. (Sunnex)