KALIBO, Aklan -- The demolition of at least 10 structures on Bulabog Beach in Boracay Island will continue this week, according to the Boracay Inter-Agency Rehabilitation Management Group (BIARMG).
This came after the judge of the Kalibo Regional Trial Court Branch 7 failed to decide on the petition for preliminary injunction during the hearing held Monday noon, November 11.
BIARMG head Natividad Belarmino said the government is pushing with the demolition of the structures, as the camp of lawyer Salvador Paolo Panelo Jr. failed to secure order from the court.
The BIARMG earlier said that those who were affected by the demolition, which started last week, violated the 25+5-meter easement.
Panelo, the legal counsel of the petitioners, said they will continue to fight for justice.
"But my clients have all the government permits and that they are compliant. I couldn't understand why the government is telling them that they violated the 25+5 meters," he said.
During Monday's hearing, Judge Ronald Exmundo said he has given the Office of the Solicitors General (OSG) five days to submit its answers.
Exmundo also asked the government through the BIARMG to give their basis on why some houses and business establishments in Bulabog beach were demolished. OSG lawyers, meanwhile, promised to submit their affidavit in five days.
The demolition of residential houses, portion of coffee shops and hotels, started last November 7 after the expiration of the 20-day temporary restraining ordered by Exmundo.