DECEMBER is finally here! It only means that Christmas is just around the corner.
When the holiday season is already coming, Filipinos are among the first to start the celebration. In fact, some begin to decorate their homes for the holidays as early as September.
While others have enough resources to put up a giant holiday tree and buy the grandest ornaments, there are those whose budget is limited. And I must say, I am one of them. Nevertheless, not having a huge amount must not stop you from making your homes stylish for Christmas.
Below are several tips on how to decorate your abode considering your limited budget:
1. “Reinvent” the old and existing pieces at home. You surely have a number of vases and other home decors. You can use these to create something Christmas-sy. For example, you can buy artificial long-stemmed poinsettia for only P49 to P79 each and place them in an old vase. You can have them in different Christmas colors to represent the celebration. In the meantime, the flowers can also be part of the wood bike on top of your center table
2. Pick bold colors. When decorating for the holidays, opting for bold colors is a good thing. Thus, getting the bright shades of red, blue, purple, and green and mixing them with gold and silver can be your best choice.
“I wanted something simple and functional, pero feel na feel pa rin ang Christmas vibe. So, I picked the usual colors for the season, and had them blend in with the usual items in the room,” Sheryll Solamo said.
3. Choose plaid and floral over plain. Since you are decorating your home for the holiday season, it would be better if you make the entire place burst with colors and prints. For the latter, pick designs in plaid or floral.
4. Use toys to decorate. If you have small children, you may have a lot of toys hanging around your home. You can use these to decorate your Christmas tree. Yes, toyland can be your theme!
5. Let there be “lights.” Shining and shimmering are two of the popular adjectives to describe the season. To fully achieve this concept, you can add lights to make your yard stylish for Christmas. This is likewise the best thing to do if you could not set up decors inside because your little ones might just mess them up. And this is exactly what Ruelyn Tiangco did.
Advance Merry Christmas, everyone! May we all have a peaceful and happy celebration of Jesus’ birth.
If you have special events and fashion tips to share, or just want to discuss about any fashion-related concerns with me, you are always free to reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.