THE National Democratic Front (NDF) and the New People’s Army (NPA) rebels accuse the military of committing violations of the unilateral ceasefires.
In a joint statement of Ka Bayani Obrero, NDF-Negros spokesperson, and Ka Juanito Magbanua, AGC-NPA Negros spokesperson, accuse the military of unabated operations amid ceasefire declaration.
To build favorable grounds for the resumption of peace talks, the Government of the Republic of the Philippines (GRP) and the National Democratic Front of the Philippines (NDFP) both declared reciprocal unilateral ceasefires effective on December 23, 2019 until January 7, 2020.
According to Ka Bayani Obrero, spokesperson of NDF-Negros, said such move of the military manifests the dubious sincerity of the Duterte regime regarding peace talks resumptions.
The Apolinario Gatmaitan Command of the New People’s Army (AGC-NPA) Regional Operational Command in Negros has listed several violations of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP)’s ceasefire order.
“This simply shows that Duterte has no control over his military and police,” said Ka Juanito Magbanua of the AGC-NPA.
The rebels recorded the alleged movement and operations from December 23, 2019 to January 7, 2020, of troops under the 303rd Brigade in Negros Island:
1. December 24, 2019 - Brgy. Mansablay, Isabela, Negros Occidental; 1 rio truck full of 62nd Infantry Battalion (IB) troops
2. December 27, 2019 - Sitio Kuyawyaw, Brgy. Inolingan, Moises Padilla, Negros Occidental; 21 troops of the 62nd IB
3. December 27, 2019 - Sitio Oway-oway and Sitio Binataan, Brgy. Quinten Remo, Moises Padilla, Negros Occidental; 21 troops of the 62nd IB
4. December 27, 2019 - Sitio Tibobong, Brgy. Quinten Remo, Moises Padilla, Negros Occidental; 30 troops of the 62nd IB
5. December 28, 2019 - Sitio Tiyos, Brgy. Quinten Remo, Moises Padilla, Negros Occiental; 33 troops of the 62nd IB
6. December 30, 2019 - Sitio Saisi, Brgy. Tan-awan, Himamaylan City, Negros Occidental; 62nd IB troops
7. December 31, 2019 - Sitio Bayi, Sitio Cande-is and Sitio Ulitaw, Brgy. Buenavista, Himamaylan City, Negros Occidental; 62nd IB troops
8. December 31, 2019 - Sitio Tanquinto and Hacienda Amparo, Brgy. Mabini, Escalante City, Negros Occidental; 20 troops of the 79th IB headed by Maj. Tupaz
9. January 1-3, 2020 - Sitio Pisok, Brgy. Buenavista, Himamaylan City, Negros Occidental; 62nd IB troops
10. January 3, 2020 - Sitio Brodjen, Brgy. Malasibog, Escalante City, Negros Occidental, 14 troops of the 79th IB
11. January 6, 2020 - Brgy. Paitan, Escalante City, Negros Occidental; 40 troops of the 79th IB
Apart from these recorded incidents, there were also reports of troop movement and operations of the 11th IB under the 302nd Brigade and the PNP at Brgy. Talalac in Sta. Catalina and other municipalities of the 3rd district of Negros Oriental, the rebels further alleged.
“On the other hand, NPA units in Negros Island firmly followed and adhered to the ceasefire order of the CPP Central Committee and the NPA National Operational Command,” Magbanua said.
However, added Magbanua, within the ceasefire period, the NPA remained in active defense mode against treacherous attacks of the AFP referring to incidents in other regions where despite the ceasefire declaration Duterte’s fascist troops continue their traitorous movements and attacks and then attributing these to the NPA.