SPIRITUAL discernment and wisdom are intertwined, functioning together. The result of this remarkable combination is called discerning wisely. Spiritual discernment comes from a timeless reminder of discovering and enjoying the Presence of God, while wisdom is about doing the practical, doable side of what we learn in the Presence of God. Discernment needs:
· The presence of God
· The People of God (Community of redeemed discerners)
Spiritual discernment and wisdom is not a special treat for a selected few; not dependent on intellectual capacity but very dependent on your spiritual depth. Authentic conversion by faith in Christ will lead to a life that displays authentic transformation which faithfully points to Christ.
In the midst of dark corruption and subtle religious superficiality, discernment and wisdom shines...a light that reflects the character and the Presence of God through the lives of those who choose to fear the Lord.
PROVERBS, CHAPTER 11, consisting of 31 verses, all in all, is not a collection of formulas or poetic line. Each verse connects us to the corrupt world, giving us discernment and wisdom. These verses are pregnant, not only with biblical truth and practical insights but also give birth to fresh opportunities to know God’s presence in the most unexpected manner and the lives of those who live in discernment and wisdom becomes a venue whereby the pursuit in knowing God and living authentic spirituality guided by the Scriptures and the Holy Spirit are brought into a delightful depth of knowing God better and better (Col. 1:9-10).
SPIRITUAL DISCERNMENT AND WISDOM working together in wonderfully blending spirituality and practicality are not toys to play with. These are tools to be used to build a spiritual difference in our lives:
1. The pathway of honesty and fairness requires humility of the heart (1-5).
2. The life of the wise and discerning build others up while the lifestyle of the unwise and undiscerning (the wicked) destroys others and themselves (6-11).
3. The wise and discerning and the unwise and undiscerning will be known by the convictions they stand for, choices they make and the consequences they all live with (12-22).
4. Spiritual discernment and wisdom is most needed when we deal with the issues of money and our battle against greed (24-29).
5. Spiritually discerning and wise choices are not one time, big time decisions. It’s a lifestyle of constantly being aware of the presence of God and being constantly dependent on God to reflect his presence in our principles (30-31).
Abba, as you stir thr desire for wisdom in my heart, you really want me to ask wisdom from you. Abba, I ask you now for wisdom and spiritual discernment.
Jesus is true wisdom and true discernment. I believe in him and he helps me to keep on believing. Jesus, be the center of my life for you are the center of everything. Living in wisdom and discernment is all about Jesus. Lord, have mercy on me a sinner. Lord, grant me the favor of wisdom and discernment because I belong to you, Abba. Amen.