THE city government of Bacolod has created a new post as deputy city administrator.
Mayor Evelio Leonardia said the city council already approved the creation of the new post that will be occupied by the regular employee.
“We had that created and thanks to the city council for its approval. It’s a regular position and not co-terminus,” he said.
He added this is a new position that will be occupied after the celebration Bacolaodiat Festival in February 2020.
Leonardia noted that there was an approved ordinance for the creation of the new position.
Meanwhile, Leonardia ordered Bacolod City Police Office (BCPO) director Colonel Henry Biñas to conduct a thorough investigation in the killing of the 33-year-old man who was abducted at Purok Cereza, Barangay 3 last week.
Leonardia said BCPO should exert more efforts to solve the killing of the victim.
“I already called Binas to conduct a thorough investigation in this incident,” he said.
Last week, a 33-year old man who was abducted at Purok Cereza, Barangay 3, Bacolod City. He was found dead in Felisa Road fronting East Homes 6 Subdivision, Barangay Mansilingan.
Police identified the fatality as Richard Tutop, of Purok Cereza, Barangay 3.
The victim’s both hands were hogtied with packing tape and he was positively identified by his live-in partner.
Tutop, a former detainee from the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP) for violation of illegal drugs, sustained gunshot wounds on his head.
The police are looking into the victim’s involvement in illegal drugs and personal grudges as possible motives in the killing.
Lieutenant Colonel Ariel Pico, spokesperson of BCPO, earlier said they are facing difficulty in identifying the perpetrators behind the killing of the victim.
” We don’t have witnesses and there was no closed circuit television (CCTV) camera when the victim was killed in Felisa Road fronting East Homes 6 Subdivision, Barangay Mansilingan Thursday morning,” he said.
Police urged witnesses to surface to help them identify the killers of the victim.