A CRUISE ship carrying international tourists bound to the paradise island of Boracay has canceled their trip while in Hong Kong after learning of the travel ban in the Philippines and they came from one of the high-risk places contaminated by 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCov).
Aklan Governor Florencio Miraflores told SunStar Philippines in an interview that a cruise ship MV Seaborne Ovation has canceled its voyage which is bound for Boracay Island.
“According to my port administrator, the agent themselves canceled the trip knowing there is a ban on those tourists from Hong Kong,” Miraflores said.
Miraflores said MV Seaborne Ovation was scheduled to arrive on Thursday, February 6.
Miraflores added that the ship did not arrive at the port of Boracay or even the Philippines waters.
There were reports earlier that the cruise ship arrived near Boracay Island but did not dock to the port.
“They did not arrive here,” Miraflores said.
Based on the travel itinerary of the MV Seaborne Ovation on her 29-day travel from February 1 to 29. She is scheduled to arrive in Boracay Island on February 8, around 10 a.m. and will depart at 6 p.m.
Her travel destinations, from her port of origin in Hong Kong, are Xiamen in China; Hundred Islands, Manila, Boracay, Coron, Puerto Princesa in the Philippines; Kota Kinabalu, Sabahlaem, Malaysia; Laem Chabang (Bangkok) in Thailand; Ko Kood in Thailand; Sihanoukville in Cambodia; Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Da Nang (Hue), Halong Bay in Vietnam and back to Hong Kong. (SunStar Philippines)
February 06, 2020
- A A +
SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce, or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.
Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!