BACOLOD

All NegOcc, Bacolod PUIs discharged from hospitals

BACOLOD. Dr. Grace Tan, spokesperson of Bacolod City Inter-Agency Task Force against novel coronavirus. (Photo by Merlinda A. Pedrosa)

ALL the persons under investigation (PUI) for the coronavirus disease or Covid-19 in Negros Occidental and Bacolod City were already discharged from the city’s tertiary hospitals.

This was confirmed by Dr. Grace Tan, spokesperson of Bacolod City Inter-Agency Task Force against novel coronavirus, after they were tested negative for Covid-19.

Tan said as of Wednesday, February 12, there’s no new admitted PUI in Bacolod City.

“We have a total of eight PUIs, all of them were tested negative for Covid-19 and were discharged from hospitals that means we are safe to say that Bacolod City has no coronavirus as of yesterday,” she said.

Tan said the discharged PUIs will also undergo the 14-day quarantine in their homes and they will be monitored by the surveillance officers.

She added that they have intensified their monitoring and campaign to prevent and control the coronavirus.

Tan pointed out that the public should not withhold their travel history from the countries affected with coronavirus so that they will be monitored to prevent the possible spread of the virus.

“We need the cooperation of everybody here to prevent the spread of coronavirus,” she said.

Julius Drilon, CLMMRH chief, in a press statement said that the hospital has discharged three PUIs as of February 10, 2020.

He said all patients were discharged in stable condition and with no complication during the course of confinement.

“Currently, there are no PUIs admitted at the Emerging Infectious Disease (EID) facility. Everyone is encouraged to continue practicing proper hygiene, washing of hands regularly, and observing proper coughing and sneezing etiquette,” he added.

Negros Occidental Provincial Health Officer, Dr. Ernell Tumimbang, for his part also confirmed the last remaining “Persons Under Investigation” (PUIs) for the coronavirus disease or Covid-19 in the province was tested negative.

“This is good news at least we are Covid-19 free,” he said.

Although Covid-19 free, Tumimbang said monitoring for the virus will continue. He also pointed out monitoring for other diseases such as dengue was also included in order for them not get caught “flat footed.”

“Surveillance and monitoring are in place and will be continued, so far we are already prepared and the systems are now in place,” he added.


VIEW COMMENTS
DISCLAIMER:

SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.


Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

sunstar.com.ph