CEBU

Capitol to close fuel depot, use Petron cards instead

STARTING Monday, Feb. 24, 2020, drivers of Cebu Provincial Government vehicles only have to present their fleet cards to gas up, instead of paying in cash.

The Provincial Board (PB) on Monday, Feb. 17, passed a resolution authorizing Gov. Gwendolyn Garcia to enter into a memorandum of agreement (MOA) with Petron Corp. for the supply of fuel oil, lubricants and minor maintenance service through the fleet card mode for a period of 12 months.

The program will cover 243 diesel and 93 gasoline-fueled vehicles worth P28,236,000.

The approved measure was filed by majority leader PB Member Christopher Baricuatro of the seventh district.

Provincial treasurer and bids and awards committee (BAC) chairman Roy Salubre said the governor is set to sign the MOA with officials of Petron next week.

“Thereafter, we will start distributing the fleet cards. This would also mean that we will finally stop using the depot,” he said on Tuesday, Feb. 18.

Salubre said the new scheme will be convenient for Capitol drivers, especially during out-of-town assignments, since they will no longer have to go back to their depot in Cebu City to refill the tanks.

They will just have to go to any Petron gas station to refill and pay using their fleet card.

Earlier, Petron officials said 1,700 of their 2,500 service stations are already accepting

fleet cards.

In Cebu Province, Petron has 41 service stations, including in Bantayan Island, that accept fleet cards.

Petron officials said that using their fleet cards for refilling transactions can also help the Capitol monitor fuel consumption, mileage and expenditures of their service vehicles through the website.

The fleet cards can also be used in service stations anywhere in the country that accept them.

Once the fleet cards are operational, Salubre said Capitol will close its fuel depot located at the Provincial Motorpool on M. Velez St., Cebu City.

In a separate interview, Provincial General Services Office head and BAC vice chairman Bernard Calderon said Shell also participated in the pre-bid conference on the matter late last year, but only Petron made it to post-qualification.


VIEW COMMENTS
DISCLAIMER:

SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.


Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

sunstar.com.ph