The Provincial Government will directly hire job order (JO) casuals after Governor Eugenio Jose Lacson ordered the cancellation of the bidding for placement agencies, which was supposedly held Monday, February 24.
The direct hiring of JOs is part of the cost-cutting measure and managing well of the budget of the province, lawyer Rayfrando Diaz, provincial administrator said Monday.
Diaz said the JOs mostly utility workers detailed at the hospitals have been under contract with placement agencies.
Their contracts were supposed to end in December last year but they were given three months extension as the province made emergency purchase.
At present the province spends P90 million every year for 394 JOs.
Diaz said this move of the provincial government will be more advantageous to the JOs who are receiving basic pay of P11,065 every month which is equivalent to the pay of an employee with a Salary Grade 11.
JOs do not receive benefits like bonuses, Diaz said.
For the cancellation of the bidding, Diaz said “placement agencies has no reason to complain because it was properly explained to them that this is being done to properly manage our budget and the Governor’s plan to hire job order casuals.”
The contractors will be refunded of all expenses for the bid documents, he added.
Diaz also assured that JOs who have good performance and will be recommended by their department heads will be rehired.
He also revealed that more jobs will be geberated in the province soon because of the upgrading of four tertiary hospitals run and managed by the provincial government.
To four hospitals are those located in Cadiz City, Silay City, Valladolid and Kabankalan because of theor strategic locations. (TDE)