BACOLOD

Guv to consult legal team on banning vessels from China

GOVERNOR Eugenio Jose Lacson will consult his legal team on banning vessels originating from China amid the ongoing concerns over the coronavirus disease or Covid-19.

Lacson also said he is currently waiting for the reaction from the national government after Bacolod City Mayor Evelio Leonardia released an executive order Wednesday, banning all ships coming from China, Macau, and Hong Kong from docking in the city’s ports.

However, Lacson said the national government already emphasized that trade should not be hampered just because of the Covid-19.

Lacson said everyone knows very well that ships are one of the primary transports for trade, and it is the reason why he needs to consult his legal team first before reaching a decision if he should also release a similar order for the whole province.

Aside from Bacolod, San Carlos City had earlier released an order banning all foreign ships originating from China from either docking or entering the city’s territorial waters. (TDE)


VIEW COMMENTS
DISCLAIMER:

SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.


Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

sunstar.com.ph