MARCH 22 came but no report of the results of the investigation of the Balili land purchase by an ad hoc committee was submitted to the Cebu Provincial Board.
The report, said committee chairman PB Member Joven Mondigo, lacks the recommendation of one PB member whom he did not name.
Mondigo said he might submit it tomorrow at the Provincial Secretary’s Office. He will pass around the report today to the PB members for their signature.
Mondigo heads the PB committee on complaints and investigation and leads the ad hoc investigation committee with PB Member Alfred Francis Ouano, chairperson of the ethics committee.
The recommendation of the unnamed PB member will be incorporated in the 11-page working draft of his report as this had been agreed by the Capitol legislators in a caucus, Mondigo said.
He said Vice Gov. Gregorio Sanchez was informed of the status of the report and did not see a problem with delaying its submission.
Mondigo said only PB Members Agnes Magpale and Juan Bolo submitted their written recommendations.
Bolo had said that he was the only Capitol official that Romeo Balili, the executor of the Luis Balili property, had dealt with all throughout the transaction. He will use the recommendations of PB Member Wilfredo Caminero that was reported in Sun.Star Cebu.
He said the PB members can verbally inform him on their recommendations.
Magpale, in her one-page report, recommended that the chairman of the PB committee on provincial and municipal properties refrain from acting as agent or broker of a property owner whose lots may be subject of purchase by Capitol.
She said clear guidelines for Capitol’s purchase of a property, from negotiation to consummation of contract, must be established either through an ordinance or executive order.
Salient information involving a property that Capitol plans to buy, such as names of vendor and broker, nature or classification of property, physical description of property, full or total land area of property, location and tax declaration, be published in the newspaper.
Bolo, for his part, recommended that a full survey of the lot sought to be purchased be conducted first.
Pressed by reporters on a PB member’s recommendation that he was awaiting that led to the non-submission of the report on the March 22 deadline, Mondigo refused to answer other than saying that the recommendation was not crontroversial.
He said his committee will use the documents presented by the Executive Committee, a fact-finding committee that was formed by Cebu Gov. Gwendolyn Garcia. These were the affidavits submitted by the persons requested for investigations.
At the governor’s front, Garcia said she has read the full report submitted to her by National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) 7 Director Medardo de Lemos, chairman of the Executive fact-finding Committee, which she had formed.
She said the report will be released within this week. (RSA)