OUR present crisis which is Covid-19 has seriously affected the normal observance of Holy Week. However, a very real choice is still before everyone of us.
* Choose to love God. Love is God’s primary attribute. A real relationship with God must be based on love not on fear or blind obedience. God’s love for us is like that of loving parents for their children. Loving parents though imperfect instruct, encourage, support and discipline their children because they want them to be happy and to flourish. What do parents desire in return? They want their children to love them and to take to heart what they as parents have imparted to them for their good. It is reasonable that our perfect heavenly Father expects us to show loving appreciation for all that he has done for us.
* Listen to God’s voice. This implies learning and obeying what God says. Since we cannot literally hear God’s voice, we listen to God by reading and applying what is in his Word, the Bible. As important as physical food is to us, taking in knowledge of God is even more important. Wisdom is a protection just as money is a protection. Knowledge and wisdom from God can protect us today and help us to make the wise choice that leads to a bright future.
* Sticking to God. Every day, there are many things that we must do and many more that we would like to do. Such things can keep us occupied or distracted that we have little or no time to consider what God wants us to do. That is why the Bible reminds us that we stay close to God by making our relationship with him the most important thing in our life. Jesus said that we must love God with our whole heart, soul and mind.
God listens to prayer. He will pay attention if we pray in the right way and for the proper things. He urges us to draw close to him. Herewith are some benefits of prayer.
* Peace of mind. The Bible encourages us to pray constantly when problems and challenges arise and let our petitions be made known to God. We can gain a measure of tranquility by pouring out our concerns to our heavenly Father. He encourages us to throw our burden on him and he will sustain us.
* Comfort and strength when facing trials. Praying to our God of all comfort can bring immense relief. The Bible says that he comforts us in all our trials.
* Wisdom from God. If we pray for wisdom, God can use his holy spirit to guide us to make wise decisions. We can specifically ask for holy spirit because Jesus assures us that the Father in heaven will give holy spirit to those asking him.
Together, we always pray to our Merciful God that we overcome our present crisis which is Covid-19 soonest.